Recipe by @athomewithnatalie for Great American Turkey Company
- 1 package GATC Apple Maple Turkey Sausages
- 6 mini sweet peppers, sliced in half with seeds and membranes removed
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Over a cutting-board, take each GATC Apple Maple Turkey Sausage and use scissors to remove the ground meat from its casing.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, add turkey sausage and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Stir and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
In a bowl, add cooked turkey sausage, cream cheese, half Parmesan cheese, half Italian cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Fill each sweet pepper with the turkey sausage filling.
Place each stuffed sweet pepper on a parchment- lined sheet pan and sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
Gobble up and enjoy!