Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 GATC Apple Maple Turkey Sausages
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Powdered sugar to taste⠀
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place a deep skillet on a middle rack to warm along with the oven.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and Apple Maple Turkey Sausages. Cook covered for 7-10 minutes and turn every 2 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove and let rest for 3 minutes on a cutting board, then slice vertically and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add flour, milk, eggs, sugar and salt. Blend for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides, and then blend for another 10 seconds. The batter will be loose and liquid.
- When ready to make pancake, remove skillet from oven using mitts and place on top of stove. Add 2 tbsp butter and swirl to melt and coat bottom and sides of skillet. Pour batter on top of butter. Tilt skillet if needed so batter runs evenly to all sides. Add the turkey sausage slices to batter. Place skillet back in the oven.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until the Dutch baby is puffed, lightly browned across the top, and darker brown on the sides and edges.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, sauté apples with 2 tbsp of butter, maple syrup and cinnamon until fully cooked.
- Remove skillet from oven and neatly add the apples to the Dutch baby. Serve while hot with powdered sugar and maple syrup. Gobble up and enjoy!