Recipe by @andyboyproduce for Great American Turkey Company
- 1 Package of GATC Smoked Mozzarella + Broccoli Rabe Turkey Sausage
- 1 pound fusilli pasta, precooked (Reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- 3 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup + 1/4 cup Parmesan shavings
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of Andy Boy broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into 8ths
- avocado oil, to drizzle
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a medium bowl, add olive oil, grated Parmesan, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Then add more salt and pepper to taste. Set lemon sauce aside until ready to dress the pasta.
On a sheet pan, add the broccoli rabe and fennel. Lightly drizzle with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook in oven for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and GATC Smoked Mozzarella + Broccoli Rabe Turkey Sausages. Cook for about 7-10 minutes covered and turn every 2 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer to a holding plate to let turkey rest and keep warm.
Remove the broccoli rabe from the sheet pan and set aside. Cook fennel an additional 10 minutes.
On a cutting board, slice sausages in 1/4 inch pieces, and chop broccoli rabe in 3 inch pieces.
In the pasta pot, toss in broccoli rabe, fennel, and turkey sausage with the fusilli. Add lemon sauce and 1/4 cup of pasta water at a time to moisten.
Garnish with toasted pine nuts and Parmesan shavings.