In honor of National Star Wars Day, we've pulled together our favorite viewing party recipes. Try our 7 Leia Dip and Jabba the Hut Dogs...they are out of this world!
7 Leia Dip
- Layer 1 (bean layer)
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup salsa, low sodium
- 1 tsp taco seasoning mix, all natural
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Layer 2 –– 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, non-fat
- Layer 3 –– 1 cup salsa
- Layer 4 –– 1 cup organic Cheddar, Mexican or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Layer 5
- 1 package (12 oz.) GATC Smoky & Sweet Chili Turkey Cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Layer 6 –– 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos
- Layer 7 –– 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
Additional Garnishes (optional)
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/4 cup black olives
- sliced avocado
- sprinkled cilantro
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork. Add remaining bean layer ingredients and mix. Spread the mixture in 8 x 11 baking (clear) dish or onto any other large serving platter.
- Spread Greek Yogurt over the beans followed by the salsa. Then top with shredded cheese.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add olive oil and cutlets. Cook uncovered for 3 minutes. Turn-over and repeat until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- On a cutting board, let the turkey rest for 3 minutes. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the dish.
- Then top jalapenos and tomatoes.
- Add any additional garnishes and serve!
Jabba the Hut Dogs
Try any of our turkey sausages on a brioche bun with ketchup and mustard!