Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 - 4
- 1 package (12 oz.) Smoked Mozzarella + Broccoli Rabe turkey sausages
- 2 quarts water
- 8 oz. pasta of your choice!
- 1 lb. Tenderstem broccoli or broccoli rabe, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes.
- Then add broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes. Drain pasta mixture, reserving 2/3 cup of pasta water. Keep pasta & broccoli covered to keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and Smoked Mozzarella and Broccoli Rabe turkey sausages. Cook covered for 7-10 minutes and turn every 2 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- On a cutting board, let turkey rest for 3 minutes. Then slice into 1-inch pieces and add back to the pasta and broccoli rabe saucepan.
- Add 2/3 cup reserved pasta water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Gently stir in lemon juice and sprinkle in cheese and red pepper flakes. Divide between two warmed bowls and serve. Gobble up and enjoy!