Recipe by @fitfoodiele for Great American Turkey Co.
- 1 package GATC Smoky & Sweet Chili Turkey Breast Strips
- 1 + 1 + 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces lite coconut milk, without gums and stabilizers
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup low sodium turkey or chicken broth
- 1 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup asparagus tips, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups basmati rice, precooked
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add coconut oil, onion, ginger, and garlic. Stir for about 5-7 minutes until fragrant.
In a blender, add contents from skillet and coconut milk. Blend until smooth and set aside.
In the same skillet add coconut oil, GATC Smoky & Sweet Chili Turkey Strips, bell pepper, and carrots.
Stir and cook until vegetables are softened and turkey strips internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Then add coconut milk mixture, broth, mushrooms, asparagus, salt, and pepper to taste. Over high heat bring to a boil.
Reduce temperature to a simmer for 8-10 minutes until all ingredients are cooked and sauce thickens to desired consistency.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan set to medium-high heat, add coconut oil and raw cashews.
Toss and cook for 3-5 minutes until lightly toasted. Watch closely to avoid any burning. Set aside for garnish.
Serve turkey strips and mixed vegetables in a bowl over 1 cup of basmati rice, and garnish with cashews, green onion, and cilantro.
Gobble up and enjoy!