Whole Apple Maple Turkey Sausage with Watercrest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lady apples, halved through stem ends
- 1 pack of Apple Maple Turkey Sausages
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed (about 6 cups)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or another heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples, cut side down, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 5–8 minutes.
- Add The Great American Turkey Sausages to skillet with apples, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 10–12 minutes.
- Add wine and vinegar to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened (liquid should coat a spoon), about 4 minutes.
- Add watercress and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pan juices spooned over.